What is an infographic?
- a visual representation of data, information, knowledge and/or arguments
- fusion of graphic design and data
Elements of an Infographic
How to Create an Infographic
- Decide on a topic
- Research! Collect data.
- Plan the most important elements/assets. How will you tell your story with as little text as possible?
- Create a catchy title to hook your viewer
- Use an inverted pyramid and sketch out your "story."
- Decide how best to visualize the meaning of those elements.
- Develop a thesis/argument.
- Keep it simple! Keep it clear!
- Select a color scheme to connect information.
- Select your font.
- Make sure your conclusion is evident.
- Reference your sources.
- Use Word, Photoshop, Powerpoint, or Comic Life to put it all together
Resources for Research
Resources for Making Infographics